01-09-13

paint

Chassis and inner wheel wells ready for paint

IMG_8490.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

and all masked up again for the outer body paint

IMG_8527.jpg

21:42 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |

paint

more paint

IMG_8477.jpg

IMG_8478.jpg

IMG_8488.jpg

21:40 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |

paint!

the inside of teh roof first:-)

IMG_8471.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

IMG_8483.jpg

IMG_8484.jpg

21:39 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |

rear bumpers

some for the rear bumper

IMG_8515.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

after an afternoon of remodelling and welding

IMG_8520.jpg

making a1 new bottom section for the bumper

IMG_8523.jpg

IMG_8525.jpg

21:37 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |

bumpers

bought a set of rusty bumpers for teh Porsche

IMG_8442.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8447.jpg

Did not want that 2cm gap, but just a few mm's... so time to cut it all up and remodel them!

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

need to stretch the middle section now!

IMG_8461.jpg

with a new upper section to follow the bodycontours

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

All fitting snug now

IMG_8468.jpg

IMG_8469.jpg

 

21:22 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |

wetsanding

time to wetsand the body... and teh inside of the roof

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8432.jpg

IMG_8429.jpg

and prepping the fuel tank

IMG_8441.jpg

21:17 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |

Gino's cabrio

the rear decklid was a selfmade by the previous owner... but was really awefull. The grills were all bent, lines not OK, inside was ugly, ... time for a new one!

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

decklid and donor

IMG_8396.jpg

all welding and finishing done:-) MUCH BETTER!!!!

IMG_8398.jpg

IMG_8399.jpg

IMG_8401.jpg

Looks good now!

IMG_8410.jpg

the front right area was fully cut out and replaced with new metal (after we removed 1 cm of filler to mask up a previous less succesfull welding of the gas filler lid)

IMG_8411.jpg

right door did not close... cause of the lock receiver area was totally misplaced. We cut it all open, fixed the screwbolts (these were messed up as well) and postionned it all in the right position before rewelding.

Door shuts and opens as it should again:-)

IMG_8416.jpg

replaced teh hinge pins as well since these were worn out

IMG_8415.jpg

And a ton of other little holes were all welded and filled. This one is ready for finishing and paint! Gino still know what to do the coming weeks/months:-)

 

 

21:12 Gepost door the SLAMBULANCE | Permalink | Commentaren (0) |  Facebook |